homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:27:38 -0500

On Nov 27, 2007 7:10 PM, Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com> wrote:

> > And, what are your plans for the
> > possibility that drought conditions may persist for another year or
> > longer?
>
> Not only because of the drought, but if the lights ever go off long
> term, my drilled well is pretty much useless.

Can't recall what part of VA you live in but over here in sw VA (45 minutes
sw of Roanoke), we lose power with more frequency than I would like, some
say on a regular basis. We, too, have a well and if we are expecting any
kind of 'weather' we fill up the tub and a few cook pots. That way we have
drinking & cooking water and water to flush.

The days that catch us by surprise are sunny and windless w/ not a cloud in
the blue sky. An accident down the line takes out power or AEP does
maintenance on the line. Those days we are unprepared for but they are
shorter in duration, only 2 to 8 hours without power. Aggravating though if
you're trying to get anything done that uses any amount of electricity.
That's just part of the fun of livin' in the country.

Lisa
sw VA