homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:10:18 -0500

> And, what are your plans for the
> possibility that drought conditions may persist for another year or
> longer?

A long time ago, when I was growing up near Tampa, Fl., we visited
this old plantation. They had a cistern near the house with a low roof
over it. I'm looking into putting in something similar that would
collect the rain water when it does rain.

Not only because of the drought, but if the lights ever go off long
term, my drilled well is pretty much useless.

Rob - Va