homestead - Re: [Homestead] Septic Rant

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Septic Rant
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:14:22 -0800

Well, it has something to do with contract law and date of possession which give us until the end of August to sue. So, I'm downloading the papers to file on Monday and I've downloaded all the stuff that says how long it should be between pumpings AND all the FDA stuff (they have a whole section) and each state has a university or two that has stuff on it. I figure it's off to court we go and I'll drown the nice brothers in paperwork!

I haven't found out who, if any, licensing agencies there are but that will be Monday.

I mean, I started out living in the boonies with septics and my Dad and Grampa pounded into us the right ways to take care of a septic and that's why the kidlets and DH call me the Septic Nazi <g> Which makes it doubly irritating when you take good care of something and it fails because of someone else. They are so lucky they weren't around when we found out we'd have to crawl under the house and snake the blooming thing! I was seriously considering the 3 S's! <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "VAN DELL JORDAN" <vdjor AT yahoo.com>

Was the one who supposedly did the work a
contractor??? there might be recourse there. Perhaps
there could even be civil action taken against the
sellers or their agent?.....any thoughts from Gene?

I'm in a similar situation. I paid for a termite
inspection. Now found a problem in the garage.
Haven't had a chance to research yet to see if it is
something the inspector should have caught. I also
realized I might have taken action against the sellers
because the didn't inform us that a tree was dying,
though I'm sure I should have done that the day I
found out the tree could not be saved.