homestead - Re: [Homestead] Guard donkey

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Guard donkey
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 22:13:39 -0800

I should have been more clear. I was referring to critters that don't belong.

The two we ran with the goats and sheep were a BLM burro (Pentaqua) and a Jerusalem ass (Thomasina) were good around people. They both loved children but Thomasina loved people.

Blessed if I know how they knew, but they knew what critters belonged to us (dogs, cats, etc.) and they were allowed in the fields but heaven help any critter that didn't belong! And if it were a big critter or a group of critters (we had a major problem with people letting their dogs roam), they would tag team them! Quite interesting to watch these relatively small critters knock some sense into a 250+ pound Suffolk ram, too!

So, yes they are ornery in the best possible way <g>

Lynda, who still reigns supreme in the CAMdom <g>

There is a donkey in my pasture now(I lease my pasture these days).
Jack is 26 years old, and very sweet, stubborn, but sweet. He always
greets me with a loud bray when I drive up or walk over to the fence.
He's a pussycat. :)