homestead - Re: [Homestead] Guard donkey

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Guard donkey
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 08:12:27 -0700

On Jun 1, 2007, at 4:39 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Is this a common trait of donkeys in such a situation? How would you
evaluate the pros and cons of donkey versus dog for guard duty?

Lynda touched on the most important point, if the pasture is a sufficient
resource, you don't have to feed the donkey. Donkey's occupy an odd niche in
that, they eat grass but also browse and will eat moss and lichen when they can
get it. That is, a donkey doesn't . . . .

Well done, James! That's a keeper. I have saved it and when someone like Don or Tim tell me how to get back into making changes on my Web site I will add it to The Complete Guide.