homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dax

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dax
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:34:05 -0400

On 9/27/06, SISU! <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

(snip) Near the surface, I took a 3x3 sheet of thin plywood and laid it
over the hole. (Scotty's plywood was smaller because he was a little
guy) I then covered the plywood with another inch or so of soil, and then
topped off the graves with a few large rocks.

We did something similar, we used hardware cloth with a layer of dirt and
and rocks or bricks. We've never had a problem and have a large animal
graveyard for our beloved cat, dog, and several chickens. Yes, we've buried
our chickens when they passed of old age or whatnot. The boys have
insisted, so we did.

Lisa