homestead - [Homestead] Dax

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Dax
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:53:21 -0500

X-rays yesterday showed why Dax's limp has become so bad. He has cancer in his left shoulder. I couldn't see the x-rays real good because my eyes were pretty wet but I could see them enough to know he won't be with us for long. Got some pain pills and we will enjoy him as long as he seems to want to be here. Then he will receive his final injection and we will bury him up under the dogwoods where I will one day be planted. Not sure how Benny should be involved. If Dax just disappears one day he will wonder what happened to his buddy. If we let him see the body, what will he think? If he sees us burying Dax, what will he do? They have been like brothers since we brought them home ten and a half years ago.