homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dax

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dax
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:23:23 -0400

On 9/27/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

X-rays yesterday showed why Dax's limp has become so bad.

Gene, I'm so sorry.

Not sure how Benny should be involved. If Dax just disappears one day he
will wonder what happened to his buddy.

When we buried Flop, our border collie who passed five years ago from
epilepsy, we let Jack (the other border collie) be with us. He saw her body
and he observed the whole process. They were a pair and were seldom apart,
he nuzzled her nose when we put her in the grave and seemed to deal with it
better than we did. We couldn't imagine not letting him be involved when
they were together in life, we figured he'd need closure as much as any of
us. We have a new female border collie, Sweet Pea, that we got two years
ago, but she hasn't replaced Flop. I still miss her now and then.

Lisa