homestead - Re: [Homestead] Very, very quiet

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Very, very quiet
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 07:09:47 -0700

We have one very productive 12 year-old peach tree and it can supply 3-4
bushels of peaches. You are in for a real treat. Red raspberries were
my favorite...until I ate a peach fresh off the tree.

You're killing me here. I tried for years to eat a peach off my trees. Brown rot thwarted me every time, sometimes just before maturity. I either have to do the chemical dance or close off that part of my brain as a matter of pain avoidance. All peach trees have been cut down. Sob.