freetds - Re: [freetds] How to specify the local ip address to connect from

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to specify the local ip address to connect from
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 01:36:03 -0400

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 04:18:00 +0200
Marten Lehmann <lehmann AT cnm.de> wrote:

> How can I set the local ip address / interface that FreeTDS connects
> from to the remote database host?

There is no facility in FreeTDS to control which interface is used. I
cannot offhand think of any way to control that using the standard
socket interface i.e. connect(2). That sort of thing would be
governed by the routing tables within the machine hosting the FreeTDS
application.

If I may ask, what prompts you to introduce a firewall between your
webserver and your database server? Surely the database server is on
a network not accessible from the outside?