freetds - [freetds] How to specify the local ip address to connect from

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marten Lehmann <lehmann AT cnm.de>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] How to specify the local ip address to connect from
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 04:18:00 +0200

Hello,

I'm using FreeTDS to connect to a MS SQL Server. This worked fine on the development host, because only the one single IP address of it had to be whitelisted in the firewall of the MS SQL Server.

But on the production server, several aliased network interfaces with different IP addresses are set up and the web application is obviously not connecting through the main interface, which is already whitelisted.

How can I set the local ip address / interface that FreeTDS connects from to the remote database host?

Kind regards
Marten Lehmann