freetds - [freetds] unixODBC with freeTDS driver for ARM linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gigin Jose <gigin_jose AT yahoo.co.in>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] unixODBC with freeTDS driver for ARM linux
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 00:01:17 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
I am using an ARM linux platform to connect to a remote MSSQL server. I have
used the unixODBC driver manager and freeTDS driver. I have compiled the
packages for ARM linux target and the binaries works fine for the target. But
I am not able to connect to the remote host using the generated binaries.

The following are my odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini files ..
/etc/odbc.ini[TEST_MS]Driver=FreeTDSDescription=Server=192.168.1.82\SQLEXPRESS

Database=db_mssqlPort=1433User=xyzPassword=xyz
/etc/odbcinst.ini[FreeTDS]Description             = v0.63 with protocol v8.0

Driver                      =  /lib/libtdsodbc.soUsageCount            = 1
The binaries from unixodbc and TDS are put into /home/sky folder of the
target. The libraries are put into /lib.

Once I try to execute the command  ./odbcinst -i -d -f /etc/odbcinst.ini  I
get the error "odbcinst: SQLInstallDriverEx failed with Unable to find
component name."
Is there any specific path to which I should install the libraries and
binaries ?

Once I try to execute the following ./osql -S 192.168.1.82\SQLEXPRESS -U xyz
-P xyz , I get the error osql: error: no "isql" command found.  Is unixODBC
installed?

All the binaries (including isql and osql) are present in /home/sky.
How can I move forward and install the package on the target. ? Is there any
way to test if the packages are installed properly ?

Is there anything missing in the .ini files. ? Please do help.
With RegardsGIGIN