freetds - Re: [freetds] unixODBC with freeTDS driver for ARM linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David Dick <ddick AT cpan.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] unixODBC with freeTDS driver for ARM linux
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 18:01:55 +1100

On 29/01/11 17:15, Gigin Jose wrote:
Hi,

The connection to the server was made fine through tcp/ip from another
windows machine.

How do you know that the connection was made using tcp/ip? Did you use wireshark to watch the traffic? Did you use "netstat /an" to show that a tcp/ip connection had been made to 192.168.1.82 on port 1433?

Can I know that the freeTDS configuration is right. ? Once I try to install
the driver using odbcinst -i -d -f /etc/odbcinst.ini, I get the message that
component is not found.

You have told the list that you get a Connection refused from 192.168.1.82 on port 1433 when you try to connect from your ARM machine. There is no configuration file (unless you have a highly odd firewall setup) you can change on your ARM machine to fix this and no way to check if your FreeTDS configuration is correct unless you fix your networking and allow tcp/ip connections to be made from your ARM machine to 192.168.1.82 on port 1433.