freetds - Re: [freetds] Regarding MSSQL connection

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dan Wierenga" <dwierenga AT valueclick.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Regarding MSSQL connection
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:21:01 -0800

It's correct, you've successfully connected to your database. You need
a "go" after your SQL statements in order to send the queued statements
to the server and see the output.

I.e.
1> use database cims;
2> select * from DLR_DIAL_DTC;
3> go

will show you the output of your SELECT.

HTH,
Dan

> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Gopalakrishnan A.N
> <saigop AT gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi Robert,
> > For me the output of the command tsql -C and I have commented in
> bold,
> > please assist me to go ahead.... Thanks in advance.
> >
> > [root@localhost ~]# tsql -C
> > Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script)
> > Version: freetds v0.82
> > freetds.conf directory: /usr/local/etc
> > MS db-lib source compatibility: no // here do i need this to
yes
> > communicate with SQL server?
> > Sybase binary compatibility: no
> > Thread safety: yes
> > iconv library: yes
> > TDS version: 5.0 //here I am using v0.82
> which is
> > version 8 rite?
> > iODBC: no
> > unixodbc: yes //unixodbc is yes, is this
> > creates problem?
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Robert Gonzalez <
> > robert AT robert-gonzalez.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Try looking for .lib (notice the dot in front). That might be it.
> >>
> >> For the record, I don't use UnixODBC. It is only freetds
> >>

> >> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Gopalakrishnan A.N
> <saigop AT gmail.com

> found
> stable
> >> version
And
> also
> >> msdblib.

> <saigop AT gmail.com

> My
> need

> SQL

> >> saigop AT gmail.com

> FreeTDS and
> >> SQL
> 0.82 and
> >> SQL

> to your
> >> /etc/freetds.conf

> but I
> >> just
> you got
> >> and
> FreeTDS conf

> No
> >> matter
> to do
> >> that
> connect.

> on both
> >> > >> > >

> >> http://www.robert-gonzalez.com/2009/02/18/building-the-php-ms-sql-
> server-extension-from-source-on-ubuntu-810/
> >> > >> > >

> >> http://www.robert-gonzalez.com/2008/03/31/connecting-php-on-linux-
> to-mssql-on-windows/

> talk
> you
> >> have
> able to

> is
> >> very

> 1433
> >> -U

> from
> >> this

> ran
> >> into

> cims
> >> -P
Line
> -1
> does
> >> not

> servername
> >> too.

> fails

> name
> >> in

> like
> >> this.)

> >> --
> >>
> >> Robert Gonzalez
> >> http://www.robert-gonzalez.com
> >>

> > --
> > Thank you with regards,
> > Gopal,
> > PeopleTech Systems Private Limited
> > www.peopletech.co.in
> >

> --
> Thank you with regards,
> Gopal,
> PeopleTech Systems Private Limited
> www.peopletech.co.in

This email and any files included with it may contain privileged,
proprietary and/or confidential information that is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution,
posting, or use of the information contained in or attached to this
email is prohibited unless permitted by the sender. If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender
via return email, telephone, or fax and destroy this original transmission
and its included files without reading or saving it in any manner.
Thank you.