freetds - Re: [freetds] Invalid cursor state when executing 2 SELECTstatements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Invalid cursor state when executing 2 SELECTstatements
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:50:09 +0100

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
Frediano,

Good news:

Just installed/compiled last snapshot and could run about 70% of my regression tests.

If you don't have ODBC tests with SQLBindParameter() using all possible data types,
I can only strongly recommend to add such test ASAP!

genparams!! Already present. I added just yesterday many combinations
(direct/prepare, bind before/after execute, cursors on/off).

Perfect!

As a database driver interface implementer, SQL Parameter IS one of the major ODBC
features we need!

Sorry to push, I would like to contribute if I would have time.
I hope that my requests / bug reports make the project go forward.

I will check the 30% remaining and write some ODBC sample to repro if possible.

Does this mean that you tested 70% and is all work correctly or that you
tested 100% and 30% does not work??

Sorry if I was not clear.
I ran all of my tests, 70% succeeded, while 30% failed.

Many Thanks.
Seb

We do not still support wide chars (that is ODBC 3.5) and bulk (features
not even planned).

So far we have only U.S. customers asking for a UNIX client.
Applications are English-based, so single-byte character set is fine for now.

bye
Frediano