freetds - Re: [freetds] Invalid cursor state when executing 2 SELECTstatements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Invalid cursor state when executing 2 SELECTstatements
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 11:48:41 +0100

Il giorno dom, 06/01/2008 alle 09.04 +0100, Sebastien FLAESCH ha
scritto:
> Hello Frediano,
>
> Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> > Il giorno gio, 03/01/2008 alle 15.09 +0100, Sebastien FLAESCH ha
> > scritto:
> >> Hi all and happy new year.
> >>
> >> Just started to play again with the latest snapshot.
> >>
> >> I believe there is a problem when binding SQL_C_TYPE_TIMESTAMP +
> >> SQL_TYPE_TIMESTAMP parameters.
> >>
> >> Looking at the SQL Profiler output, I see that values are enclosed in
> >> duplicated quotes:
> >>
> >> ''2008-01-03 00:00:00.000''
> >>
> >> I guess it should be:
> >>
> >> '2008-01-03 00:00:00.000'
> >>

> > Quite strange... our driver should not quote anything but pass date in
> > binary format.
>
> Note it's the output of the SQL Profiler I am talking about... maybe this
> output is just wrong (buggy).

Profiler does its best to translate RPCs to sql statements...

> I will give a try on Monday with the new FreeTDS sources.
>
> Maybe you better wait a bit before releasing 0.65:
>
> If experienced more problem with other tests but did not investigate
> further as the timstamp
> problem had to be solved first to run all tests properly.

Don't mind, we still do not packaged any RCs... but usually after first
RCs 80-90% of efforts are spent on documentations, Makefiles and
similar!

> I will spend some hours this week to check this.
>
> Anyway, thanks for your fast answer.
>
> Seb

I improved genparams in order to check parameters even using cursors.