freetds - [freetds] MS SQL Server Lockup

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "RCM2, Inc" <rcm2 AT rmcshane.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] MS SQL Server Lockup
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:35:32 -0400

We are running a Web management package (written in Perl) under Apache on
Lunux. We are using FreeTDS to connect to a Microsoft SQL 2000 Server. The
connect string is dbi:Sybase:server=wbshost;database=testdb

If we stop and start Apache on the Linux box, the SQL server will lockup; it
will still do selects, but will not do any updates.

We use TDS in other applications and the only unique thing we see is that in
the web content management application the connection is kept open; in most
of our other applications, the connection is opened, some work done and the
connection closed.

Any ideals would be appreciated. This connection is to a live production
box, so bringing down the SQL box is not well received.