freetds - Re: [freetds] MS SQL Server Lockup More Information

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "RCM2, Inc" <rcm2 AT rmcshane.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] MS SQL Server Lockup More Information
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:45:54 -0400

I have turned on logging and it really was not much use. While I find the
following hard to believe:
1) The only SQL statements where selects. Three tables are in use and there
are some joins across the tables.
2) While I personally have not verified this, I am told that when the lockup
occurs, stopping and starting he SQL service does not resolve the problem.
3) I can verify that stopping and starting the Apache service on the Linux
box will kill the SQL box.
4) I can verify that the ONLY traffic between the SQL box and Linux box is
the TDS traffic.
5) I must please some degree of ignorance, I am unfamiliar with some of the
flags available as part of the connection string; could someone give me a
pointer.

My obvious conclusion is that we are doing something which is triggering a
problem on the SQL side. While is probably is a SQL Server bug, it is
something I will need to work around and your suggestions are welcomed.

My current thought is to turn on tracing on the SQL server. Tracing with
TDS. Stop and restart Apache and collect the results and see if any of the
flags display by the SQL profiler give any hints.

Any other suggestions??