freetds - Re: [freetds] Connection to SQL2000 - Unicode data ina Unicode-only collation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Wilson Mak <wilson.mak AT digitalview.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Connection to SQL2000 - Unicode data ina Unicode-only collation
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:57:29 +0800

Hi James,

Wilson Mak wrote:

I try to use Perl (DBD::Sybase) with FreeDTS to connect to SQL2K. It works perfectly with FreeDTS right now - I has tested it with TSQL. But when i use Perl's DBD::Sybase, it got an error

"panel: malloc" at line xxx.

That's not enough information for me to help you. I have no idea what
"panel: malloc" means, whether it's significant, or what code issued it.
It's *much* better to let the script do the talking; show the actual error
message instead of paraphrasing.

Sorry! Got a typo here. The error message should be:

> ./sqlconnect.pl
panic: malloc at ./sqlconnect.pl line 31.

If "select * from tablename" fails, please show the script and its output.
If that happens only with certain tables, does it happen only with
certain columns or rows? A TDSDUMP script often help in isolating the
problem.
Thanks for your tips. I just found that the connection will be broken when it fetches data from SQL2K that has data type of NTEXT.

Thanks,
Wilson