freetds - Re: [freetds] libdbi - freetds driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] libdbi - freetds driver
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:27:50 +0100

OK,

Well if libdbi mirrors the perl dbd/dbi interface in any significant
way, i.e. if the libdbi api functions look anything like their perl
equivalents, it might be useful to know that the perl DBD::Sybase plugin
sits over the *ctlib* API.

also, ctlib is a more "low level" API than dblib, so it's likely to be
more flexible to the requirements of libdbi than dblib would.

HTH,

Bill