freetds - RE: [freetds] ODBC configuration dialog on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rogers, Tom" <tom.rogers AT ccur.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] ODBC configuration dialog on Windows
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:15:25 -0400

Steve,

Do I understand that you "ported" (created, reverse engineered) your own
version of SQL Server to run on Linux?

If that is the case, I have a few questions related to that:

1. Why? Seriously. Why not use an existing Linux database that has a
supported ODBC driver (assuming there are some).

2. How function-filled are you going to make your database (Views, Stored
Procedures, Transactions, etc?)

3. What, if anything, did you use as a codebase?

Of course, if I misunderstood your initial post describing what you are
doing then the above questions are moot.

THANKS.

Thomas Rogers
System Engineer
Concurrent Computer Corporation
> phone: 215.712.7422 x7261

The information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and should
be treated in accordance with the Non-Disclosure Agreement and any
Amendments to said Agreement executed between the discloser and recipient.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this information
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error,
please immediately notify discloser, and then destroy the information
contained herein. Thank you.