freetds - Re: [freetds] ODBC configuration dialog on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ODBC configuration dialog on Windows
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 15:33:46 -0400

On Sun, 2 May 2004 11:09:05 -0700, Steve Kirkendall
<skirkendall AT dsl-only.net> wrote:
> > > 4) The Windows resource file also stores a version number. It's
> > > nice to
> > > see a version number in the ODBC drivers list, but I'm worried
> > > about maintenance. Somebody would have to remember to go in and
> > > update the version number in the resource file whenever FreeTDS'
> > > version number changed. Unless somebody knows an automated way
> > > to do that. Opinions?
>
> When compiling with MSVC++, the configure script isn't used.

Understood.

> Is there a script you use when building source distributions?

Indeed there is, and that's just what I had in mind. The "script" is
autogen.sh, which as you can see invokes autoconf and automake. The
distribution is created by:

$ ./autogen.sh # invokes ./configure
$ make dist

We can add things to "make dist". For instance, it already builds the
documentation as HTML from SGML sources. Adding a little sed(1) magic
shouldn't be too hard, as long as the .rc file can be processed by the
likes of sed or perl.