freetds - [freetds] ODBC - fetching data from text type columns

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Roger Reynolds <rogerr AT softix.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] ODBC - fetching data from text type columns
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 16:50:59 +1000

Hi there.

I guess I'm a little confused about how to get character data from TEXT
columns in a table.

Like, what "C type" value are use supposed to pass to SQLBindCol
in order to get the data.

Currently, I'm passing SQL_C_CHAR, which works fine, except that
I am only able to fetch the first 8000 bytes of data from the column.

Is there any way to get at this data in the same way as for other
columns - that is, to allocate and bind a buffer with SQLBindCol
and let SQLFetch fill it up?

Thanks for any tips

  • [freetds] ODBC - fetching data from text type columns, Roger Reynolds, 05/03/2004