freetds - Re: [freetds] Connect to MSSQL 2000 fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Markus Wolff <wolff AT 21st.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Connect to MSSQL 2000 fails
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:20:33 +0100

Am Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:58:48 +0100 schrieb ZIGLIO Frediano
<Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>:

> > Thanks for the answer :-)
> >
> > I did the telnet on port 1433 already, and I do get a connect. I´m
> > using FreeTDS 0.60.
> >

> Try to remove tdsdump_off/tdsdump_on calls from login.c, recompile, set
> TDSDUMP and try a new login with tsql. Also please use a test account with
> temporary password.
> Then send us the login file.
> It seem that the server close connection without returning any data (it
> should return error instead)...
> What type of redirect do the firewall? Perhaps it leave to connect and then
> shutdown connection suddently?

Hi Freddy,

I´ve done some more research on the firewall behaviour and noticed
that the internal server was reachable through two different IP
addresses... they should have worked both in theory, but in reality
the firewall seems to somehow misbehave when I use the IP that I´ve
actually used for testing. When I use the other, it works - so it was
not a FreeTDS problem.

Thanks anyway for your help and the quick responses ;-)

Regards,
Markus

--
*21st Media* | Consulting, Konzeption, Produktion für die Bereiche:
Markus Wolff | Internet, Intranet, eCommerce, Content Management,