freetds - RE: [freetds] Connect to MSSQL 2000 fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Connect to MSSQL 2000 fails
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:58:48 +0100

> Thanks for the answer :-)
>
> I did the telnet on port 1433 already, and I do get a connect. I´m
> using FreeTDS 0.60.

Try to remove tdsdump_off/tdsdump_on calls from login.c, recompile, set
TDSDUMP and try a new login with tsql. Also please use a test account with
temporary password.
Then send us the login file.
It seem that the server close connection without returning any data (it
should return error instead)...
What type of redirect do the firewall? Perhaps it leave to connect and then
shutdown connection suddently?

> What´s so special about the ct lib, btw.?

CTLib design is better than DBlib (default library used by dblib), also work
better.

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."