freetds - Re: FreeTDS/SQL Server 2000 Woes...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Eleveld <ihermit2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS/SQL Server 2000 Woes...
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 05:28:46 -0800 (PST)

My guess is you wouldn't even need to have freetds
register if you were runngin samba on the machien so
it coudl join the domain. Joinign the domain really I
suspect is beyond the scope of a database only
connection. I'm reasonably certain the sharing layer
of the OS under windows handles that for you.

--- "Winkless, Geoff" <geoff.winkless AT pera.com> wrote:
> Brian wrote:
> > Unfortunately, no. We are quite close though.
> The NTLM
> > hashing code is
> > ready to go. However there is a missing piece in
> that the
> > server comes
> > back and says the machine is not a member of the
> domain. So,
> > as far as
> > the TDS protocol goes, yes we support it. What's
> needed the
> > whole unix
> > box logging into the domain thing, and I'm not
> even sure what
> > pieces are
> > missing there and I don't have the setup to debug
> it.
>
> Well the smbclient code allows you to register a
> client computer in the
> domain - I guess you could try using that and seeing
> if it connects
> afterwards, and "borrow" their code if it works :)
>
> Geoff
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
> [ihermit2 AT yahoo.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')