freetds - Re: FreeTDS/SQL Server 2000 Woes...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS/SQL Server 2000 Woes...
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 22:49:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

The Servername field in the odbc.ini should refer to the symbolic name of
your database server in the freetds.conf (recommended) or interfaces file.
In your case this is 'pivotal'.

The second thing is, you are using the default TDS version, and since you
didn't like the configure line used to build FreeTDS it would be 5.0 by
default which wont work with SQL Server 2000.

You can either recompile freetds using the --with-tdsver flag, replace
"ether" with "4.2" (or "7.0" if you want to use that version), or switch
to using the freetds.conf file and set 'tds version = 4.2'.

Brian