freetds - Re: Odd problem round 2.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tim Uckun <tim AT diligence.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Odd problem round 2.
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 10:22:51 -0700

Ok I started looking through the convert.c source code and in the function

tds_convert(..) there is a big switch statement switch(srctype). This is getting a value of 104 for the BIT datatype. Unfortunately 104 is not defined in tds.h as a valid type and therefore no conversion takes place.

There is a type called SYBBIT (type 50) and there is a function called tds_convert_bit. If the sybase bit fields are the same as ms-sql bit fields then this is an easy fix (add the type MSSQLBIT and call the same conversion function) if not then a new function will obviously need to be written.

If these are bitmasks how would you know which bit was the on you are after??

Either way this is just from looking at a couple of files so I am sure there are serious consequences to anything I might attempt with my feeble understanding. Just thought I might throw in my two cents.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered the risks of a bad hire.