freetds - Re: Odd problem round 2.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tim Uckun <tim AT diligence.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Odd problem round 2.
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 17:20:18 -0700

Tim Uckun wrote:
> $server= sybase_connect('192.168.0.4' , 'web' , 'web');
> $connectionID = sybase_select_db('crims', $server);

My code just does a sybase_connect(), there is no attempt to select a
database. No idea if that is significant.

How does it know which database to use?

1) edit src/tds/convert.c and insert a line after the fprintf that
generates the error message:

abort();

I'll try this tommorow

Interesting. And it only does it with this table? Try a SELECT on each
column to isolate it further?

OK I tried it with each field by itself and it segfaults on the "done] [bit] NULL" field.
All other fields pull in fine. I tried with a couple of other tables and the same story.
If the select statement returns a bit field AND any of the bit fields contains a 1 or 0 then it segfaults.
It returns a 104 error message for each row in the query which contains a bit field that is not null.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered the risks of a bad hire.