freetds - Re: Retrieve >255 chars

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Retrieve >255 chars
  • Date: 03 Jan 2001 13:47:24 +0100

Daniel Selin <daniel.selin AT home.se> wrote:

> It worked just fine, just received 389 chars! CAST(field AS TEXT)
> did the trick. Thank you very much.

Sorry, have been on vacation so I couldn't respond earlier.

>> I got the same problem, can't get more than 255 chars from a SELECT
>> although the record contains more than that in the DB. (INSERT
>> seems to work with >255 chars) I would really appreciate if someone
>> could fix this problem.
>>
>> I'm using the 2.0 Snapshot-Jar with MSSQL7 BTW.

If you are using the latest JAR and SQL Server 7, specifying your jdbc
URL as

jdbc:freetds:sqlserver://myserver/mydb;tds=7.0

should make it work without a CAST. Char columns with more than 255
chars are new in TDS 7.0 and you have to explicitly enable support
for it.

Stefan