freetds - RE: Problem with "insert" ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Problem with "insert" ?
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:54:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Frank Bunse wrote:

> > I've found that some combinations of arguments cause sqsh 1.7
> > w/ FreeTDS
> > 0.45 to segfault. I start it with
> >
> > ./sqsh -S server -U pimlott
> >
> > (my password is is ~/.sqshrc, but I think it's ok on the command line
> > too). I also get "Unknown property 40" on startup, and of
> > course various
> > other things don't quite work right, but it's mostly good enough. I'm
> > connecting to MS SQL Server 7.

The property 40 is simply the locale property and since there is not
locale support... It's harmless though.

Someone else reported that MS SQL Server 7.0 breaks freetds. There are
patches in CVS to correct it, can you try a nightly snapshot and let me
know if you still have the problem? The original bug was on Solaris but
it theoretically affected all platforms.

> Yes, I do exactly the same and haven't even tried any fancy things like
> pretty output. No matter if I put the password in .sqshrc, append it to the
> command line or omit it and enter it at the prompt - I get the welcome
> screen and the prog terminates without a notice. I don't even get a
> segfault, coredump or whatever :(
>
> Other question - is it possible to download the static binary somewhere ? -
> It should be linked against libc5 - not glibc.
>
> Greetings
>

> Frank Bunse

If the new CVS version fix this, please let me know and I'll make a 0.46
release so we don't have this happen anymore.

Cheers

Brian