freetds - RE: Problem with "insert" ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frank Bunse <bunse AT comspace.de>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Problem with "insert" ?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:55:35 +0200

Hi Andrew,

> help. I had little difficulty compiling sqsh. The only
> change I needed
> to make was to edit the Makefile and remove some libraries
> from the link
> list. freedts provides all the symbols in a single library,
> where the
> sybase libs use several.

yes, I gathered that from some Readme. But the problem is when I remove the
libs in the Makefile SQSH compiles and links just fine - however when I
start it I get the copyright and the program terminates without an
error-msg. It doesn't matter whether I link static or dynamic nor if I use
version 1.4 or 1.7.

For the dynamic version I had to remove libblk and for the static libblk and
libtcl. I'm running Linux 2.0.36 with libc 5.4.33.

Greetings

Frank Bunse