freetds - RE: Problem with "insert" ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andrew Pimlott <pimlott AT MATH.HARVARD.EDU>
  • To: Frank Bunse <bunse AT comspace.de>
  • Cc: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Problem with "insert" ?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:05:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Frank Bunse wrote:

> yes, I gathered that from some Readme. But the problem is when I remove the
> libs in the Makefile SQSH compiles and links just fine - however when I
> start it I get the copyright and the program terminates without an
> error-msg. It doesn't matter whether I link static or dynamic nor if I use
> version 1.4 or 1.7.

I've found that some combinations of arguments cause sqsh 1.7 w/ FreeTDS
0.45 to segfault. I start it with

./sqsh -S server -U pimlott

(my password is is ~/.sqshrc, but I think it's ok on the command line
too). I also get "Unknown property 40" on startup, and of course various
other things don't quite work right, but it's mostly good enough. I'm
connecting to MS SQL Server 7.

I also get seg faults with the pretty output format.

Good luck,
Andrew