corpus-paul - The Rhetoric of Persuasion and Example in Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Rick & Anne Weymouth" <weymouth_123 AT myrealbox.com>
  • To: "Corpus Paulinum" <corpus-paul AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: The Rhetoric of Persuasion and Example in Paul
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:03:49 +0200

Friends,

I am beginning some research that focuses in part on the rhetoric of
persuasion and example in Paul.
I was wondering if anyone could point me toward some good recent works in
that area, as well as some works that focus generally on rhetorical analysis
in Paul.

I already have access to useful monographs such as:
Brian Dodd, 1999. Paul's Paradigmatic "I": Personal Example as Literary
Strategy. JSNTSS 177.
Elizabeth Castelli, 1991. Imitating Paul: A discourse of power.
George Lyons, 1985. Pauline Autobiography: Toward a New Understanding.
Willis de Boer, 1962. The Imitation of Paul: An Exegetical Study.

What else is available from the last 10-20 years?
Thankyou for you help,

In Christ,

Rick Weymouth
Rick Weymouth