corpus-paul - RE: The red Heifer

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Bob MacDonald" <bobmacdonald AT home.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: The red Heifer
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 10:30:59 -0700

Stephen

Thanks for the clarification re the sacrifice.

You are right that the cultic transfer that I was thinking of has to do with
the role of priest rather than sacrifice. In the case of the red heifer, the
people cleaning up after the sacrifice are unclean till evening - as if they
had been made unclean as priests by the offering.

Christ is also the priest in his self-offering according to Hebrews - what I
would need is some reference in Paul that would allow me to think he also
associated Christ with the priestly role to see where this - he was made
sin - came from or developed from in his thinking.

I have to admit - I cannot find a 'priestly' link in Paul (excluding Hebrews
of course)

What does this say about Paul?

Bob

mailto::BobMacDonald AT home.com