corpus-paul - The red Heifer

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Bob MacDonald" <bobmacdonald AT home.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: The red Heifer
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:29:21 -0700

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might
become the righteousness of God.

Is there a relationship here to the red heifer in Numbers 19. I was told by
readers of Talmud in a Jewish-Christian dialogue that the priest is unclean
after this sacrifice where the offeror is forgiven through this sacrifice
for sin. It sounds like an exchange such as is noted in 2 Cor 5:21. The
passage is used in Hebrews 9:13 and 13:11.

Would Paul have had this in mind?

Thanks

Bob

mailto::BobMacDonald AT home.com