compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] Re: Composttumbler

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Frank Teuton" <fteuton AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: "Tom Jaszewski" <tomj AT lvcm.com>, <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] Re: Composttumbler
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:26:46 -0400

But before that he wrote:

> We are purchasing a "compost tumbler" to culture our source material.
> We have ordered the "original". http://www.compostumbler.com/sizes.html
>
> We will be innoculating the material and experimenting with developing a
> consistent "compost". I remain convinced that a combination of APC and
> vermicompost will provide us with the ideal material. I am reluctant to
> change source materials since we have gotten fantastic partial inhibition
> assays with the APC.

A ComposTumbler is not a bad tool to mix things homogeneously, but a cement
mixer is better, a new one would have no residues, and come with a motor in
the bargain.

If you are growing microbial cultures, you are composting, but if you are
just mixing microbial cultures, that is another matter, eh? Vermicompost and
APC mixed together sounds interesting, but to culture them you will need
growth media, what most folks call 'compostables'.

Please feel free to ignore me if I am treading on 'trade secrets' or
something.

Frank Teuton