cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Clarification needed - Copyleft AND Share-Alike with Images

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "teun spaans" <teun.spaans AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Clarification needed - Copyleft AND Share-Alike with Images
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:47:30 +0100

I'm not an expert in licenses by far, but I gather from this thread that people are surprised that their contributions licensed under CC-BY-SA can be used in commercial works. I have often distributed my photos on http://commons.wikimedia.org under this license, because I want to offer them for free, as long as I am ackowledged as the photographer. I am fine if they are used as part of commercial copyrighted books or dvds - as long as they acknowledge my name.

Is there another license I should have used instead of CC-BY-SA?