cc-licenses - What is a "performance"??? (was: Non-commerical use and music on hold)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Thomas Uwe Gruettmueller <sloyment AT gmx.net>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: What is a "performance"??? (was: Non-commerical use and music on hold)
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:40:52 +0100

Hi Evan!

On Thursday 19 February 2004 10:13, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> Thomas Uwe Gruettmueller <sloyment AT gmx.net> writes:
> >[...]At least this is what my dictionaries tell me.
>
> You're incorrect.

OK, could be.

> "Hold-line" music in the USA is considered public, commercial
> performance,
^^^^^^^^^^^

This makes no sense to me. Maybe I don't understand the word
"performance". Could you please define this term?

If I press the button of a tape recorder, what exactly is the
"performance" then? The pressing of the button?

(BTW: A license that I cannot understand does not work for me.
Maybe, I should shut up, write down what kind of license I want,
and then ask if this here is the right place to ask for that.)

cu,
Thomas }:o{#
-- - http://217.160.174.154/~sloyment/ - --
"Look! They have different music on the dance floor..."