cc-licenses - What to do in case of misuse

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Douwe Osinga" <dmo AT oberon.nl>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: What to do in case of misuse
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:44:52 +0100

Hi,

At World66 we have licensed our travel content under a by-sa license. Some
webmasters don't seem to get the system, though. They just copy the contents
without putting up a link to the license or attributing the content to
world66. I am wondering what the best way is to do something about this.

Of course we can send them an email, explaining the situation, but what if
that doesn't work? Doesn't the fact that others can use my content for
commercial purposes limit the damages I could have?

Douwe Osinga
http://www.world66.com