cc-licenses - Re: Gnu-Fdl or CC Attribution-ShareAlike?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Wouter Vanden Hove <wouter.vanden.hove AT pandora.be>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Gnu-Fdl or CC Attribution-ShareAlike?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 18:39:31 +0000

Op vr 09-01-2004, om 13:45 schreef Evan Prodromou:
> Dual-licensing is fraught with hazards. If I create a work and release
> it under two different copyleft licenses, you have to choose which
> license to release your derivative work under. Neither the GFDL or the
> by-sa lets you create a derivative work under any license except
> itself.

Nothing stops you from granting additional rights to the users of your
work.

For example, for my master's thesis
I used a clause "Licensed under CC-AT-SA 1.0 or any other later
version". I added "the any other later version" myself.

If you own CC-SA material, you grant people the right to make derivative
works under "only the CC-SA License",
but you can add the FDL license to that yourself.

Of course the license of the work itself is then not just CC-SA, but
(CC-SA + Additional FDL-compatibility rights)

Wouter Vanden Hove
www.opencursus.be
www.vrijschrift.nl