cc-licenses - Re: Gnu-Fdl or CC Attribution-ShareAlike?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzo.detomasi AT creativecommons.it>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Gnu-Fdl or CC Attribution-ShareAlike?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:32:40 +0100

Martedì, 6 Gen 2004, alle 02:28 Europe/Rome, Glenn Otis Brown ha scritto:

i'll take a look, lorenzo . . .

the compatibility question comes up. current share alike licenses aren't compatible with any other license. that may change when we version, but we'll only address the gnu fdl if that's a real problem that affects lots of people. are people worried about this in the abstract, or is it a real problem on a daily basis?

thanks,

Why doesn't CC collaborate with Free Software Foundation to create a new version of CC By-Sa compatible with Gnu-Fdl and viceversa?
Stallmann suggests the use of Ccpls for copyrighted materials, so probably he's open for collaboration.
What do you think?