cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] Liberal Studies and CC

  • From: Haggen So <haggenso AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] Liberal Studies and CC
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 16:45:29 +0800

Hi All,

Just an update.

I finally submitted the conference paper yesterday and I can do more
work on this.

I have done a stocktake and there areabout 3800 copies of Chinese CC
Education Kit
http://hk.creativecommons.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/cc-kit_081006_final.pdf
We can afford to give 200-300 copies to each distribution point.

I am also wondering if we need to distribute English material as well,
as stakeholders in Universities can be expatriates. Currently the
standard English material is a two-sided Flyer. There are about 230 of
them.
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/images/6/62/Creativecommons-informational-flyer_eng.pdf
It looks quite unsubstantial compared with the Education Kit. We need
a reprint if we are going to distribute them.

I sourced English materials on
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Documentation and found "Encouraging
the ecology of creativity"
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/images/6/65/Creativecommons-encouraging-the-ecology-of-creativity_eng.pdf
A 13 page a-bit-smaller-than-A4 introductory material on the general
principles of CC and renowned international projects. This can give a
complementary view to the Education Kit which is very local.

I just want to collect opinion on whether 200-300 copies is a good
number and whether English material will be important.

Thanks and Regards,

Haggen