cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] Liberal Studies and CC

  • From: Oiwan Lam <oiwan.lam AT gmail.com>
  • To: Haggen So <haggenso AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] Liberal Studies and CC
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:25:30 +0800

Regarding distribution

For HKU, we can send to the general education department, and SPACE has a media studies department.
For CUHK, can send to the student union (they will put it on the student pick up table)
LN, can send to the cultural studies department via IP Iam Chong
BU has a journalism school, can send to To Yui-ming and ask him to pass around. To is a member of inmedia (you can send with a note).
CU Faculty of education, via Choi Po-king. She is also a network member of inmedia, have very good connection with secondary school teachers (you can send with a note).
The Hong Kong Institute of Education - anyone has connection, or we can send to their principal Cheung Bing-leung and ask his secretary to help distributing (with a letter)
Poly U, School of design via Tsang Tak Ping (send with a note)
City U, School of creative media via Anson Mak Hoi Shan (send with a note)

2) Media attention

do we have a list of friendly reporter email? - should have one after the launch.
should start with a media email list including columnist, media workers, famous bloggers and give them updates and briefying from time to time.

we also talk about legco monitor -- maybe talk to some active legco members' assistant and ask them to alert us when there are issues related with cc.

3. in the medium term with should set up a volunteer register system, with clearer role, so that some of the work can be handled by volunteers.