cc-education - [cc-education] A radical alternative proposal

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: David Wiley <david AT wiley.ed.usu.edu>
  • To: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-education] A radical alternative proposal
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:41:15 -0600

All the discussion as got me thinking:

What if we simply "rebranded" the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license the "Educational Use license," got a different colored icon, and took advantage of the name and icon change to make marketing inroads with educators?

I'm not committing to this idea, but as I've looked introspectively for a middle ground, this strikes me as one possible compromise between "we need an educational use license" and "we shouldn't have an educational use license" viewpoints.

Arguments for or against?

<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0/>