cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Extend CC OOo Addin to Support Draw or Flickr (or Picasa) Image Re-Use for OpenOffice.org

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Daniel Arcoverde" <dfarcoverde AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Nathan Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Extend CC OOo Addin to Support Draw or Flickr (or Picasa) Image Re-Use for OpenOffice.org
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 08:57:27 -0300

Nathan,

    In the system, when an image is collected from CC pool, the document also receives the CC license (and in this case there would be the possibility of reusing some of the draft Cassio?) or is it only the insertion of the image in any OOo document.
    Another thing, this Add-in should work in Writer or all the tools OOo?

Thanks
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
Comments inline...

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Daniel Arcoverde <dfarcoverde AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Nathan,
>
>     1. I will write my proposal. But I take a doubt, when you say "Tracking
> image source information in documents: in addition to pulling images", you
> mean an additional (plus)? I mean, in addition to what was proposed by the
> CC, add more this feature. Talk a little more about this feature.

Sites like ccmixter.org allow you to see what source works were
remixed to make a new work.  It'd be interesting if when you pulled
images into a document the source URLs were tracked as well so you
could do similar history tracking to find out what pieces were used to
create the final document.

>     2. Moreover, I need to know if CC find interesting a plug-in for Eclipse
> which would allow the developer to add the CC license to code.

No; CC licenses are not appropriate for software.

--
Daniel Arcoverde
Diretor Presidente