cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Extend CC OOo Addin to Support Draw or Flickr (or Picasa) Image Re-Use for OpenOffice.org

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "Daniel Arcoverde" <dfarcoverde AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org, asheesh AT creativecommons.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Extend CC OOo Addin to Support Draw or Flickr (or Picasa) Image Re-Use for OpenOffice.org
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:31:20 -0700

Two proposals for Flickr+OOo have come in thus far; I'd rate both as
average (although I've only skimmed them). I'll read/give feedback on
anything you send by 5pm PDT Sunday, March 30.

A couple other ideas that come to mind:

* Tracking image source information in documents: in addition to
pulling images from a web source such as flickr, store the source and
attribution information in the document. I'm not sure what the
appropriate scope of this is -- Draw? All of OOo? Something else
entirely?
* Add DAM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_asset_management)-like
features to an existing media management application (ie, rich
metadata support, etc)
* Build on the DAM project CC did last year
(http://code.google.com/p/cc-dam)... it's super rough, super simple
but maybe someone else has ideas about how to build it out.

Nathan