baslinux - [BL] problem loading floppy #2

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: TLMaiden AT aol.com
  • Subject: [BL] problem loading floppy #2
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:46:27 EST

I have read many postings about have BL is good for reviving injured or dieing PCs.  My Compaq Presario 2100 was recently diagnosed as being lost, the hard drive and the CD drive having failed.  The mother board and the USB ports are still working however.  I have a 3rd party floppy drive that plugs into the USB so I tried various floppies that should boot.  BL 2.1 wouldn't because the script wants to write to C: and that drive is dead.  A MS-DOS floppy would boot.  BL 3.5 first floppy loaded OK.  However on the second floppy I got this error message:

mount: mounting /dev/fd0 on /fd failed: block device required

zcat: /fd/disk2.tgz : no such file or directory

Insert floppy 2 and press enter

I know floppy 2 is good because I had used it to load BL 3.5 on a different computer, a Windows 95 desktop, working fine.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.