baslinux - Re: [BL] problem loading floppy #2

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] problem loading floppy #2
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 03:20:30 +0000 (UTC)

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Is the problem with floppy 2 that it
cannot recognize a USB floppy drive?

Yes, that would appear to be the problem.
IIRC he is using a USB floppy drive.

Replacing the BL3 kernel with a USB kernel
would probably fix the problem, but it would
have to be about the same size as the BL3.
There's not space on the first floppy for
a significantly larger kernel.

Try David Moberg's 1-floppy USB capable BL-variant, then mount a USB flash drive with BL on it and chroot to it.

Could you put the files for disk2 onto a PCMCIA flash drive instead?
Or compact flash card in PCMCIA adaptor.

I have a PCMCIA CD-ROM drive some place.

Ask around for small used laptop hard drives of the right thickness. We still have one 20MB in a 386. We have a bunch of thin floppy and CD-ROM drives from old rackmount servers that fit into the newer laptops (post 1998).