baslinux - Re: [BL] problem loading floppy #2

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] problem loading floppy #2
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 02:11:31 +0000

First thing I tried today was to create another 2nd floppy on the drive I would then shift to the broken PC and boot from.  I got this idea from extensive reading of the BL archive of messages.  Unfortunately it didn't work.  So I gave up on BL and moved on to DamnSmall.  Made a bootable flash drive with the latest CD of DamnSmall I have and then tried it on the busted machine.  It loaded and is now running.  Hooray.  Now I have to find out if the other ports (standard serial, PCMCIA) work too.  Might actually make some use of this Old, ruined laptop.  Is there a way to install a bootable image of BL onto a flash drive like you can with DS linux?

-------------- Original message from baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org: --------------